Our expectation is that children and young people with SEND will receive an education that enables them to make progress so that they:
- achieve their best
- become confident individuals living fulfilling lives
- make a successful transition into adulthood, whether into employment, further or higher education or training
We will use our best endeavours to make sure that a pupil with SEND gets the support they need – this means doing everything we can to meet the pupils special educational needs. Our School Information Report answers some of the most frequently asked questions about our school and special educational needs. The format and information in this report has been developed through:
- consultation with local parents and carers by Islington Council in April 2014
- ongoing feedback from our school community at St Mary’s School.
We will review and update this information report regularly to reflect changes and feedback. The date for the next annual review of this report is September 2017. If you need any more information please see our SEN Policy
or contact our school Inclusion Leader, Mrs Mayende on 020 7359 1870.
- School Information Report 2016/17
- School Information Report for 2015/16
- School Information Report for 2014/15
Below are some examples of SEN planning documents which are used at St Mary’s.
- Pupil Passport Example
- SEND Support Plan Example
- Education Health and Care EHC Plan Example
- Annual Review Agenda Example
Find out more about the range of inclusive quality first teaching for all children at St Mary’s. There are additional interventions which enable children to work at expected levels and highly personalised interventions.