Our school has a central role to play in supporting all children to live healthy active lives. At St Mary’s, we lay the foundations of positive and enjoyable participation in regular physical activity.
About the PE and Sport Premium
Crucial to achieving this is ensuring that our pupils have access to at least 30 minutes of physical activity during the school day, alongside high-quality PE provision taught by confident and knowledgeable teachers and opportunities to experience and participate in a wide range of sports and physical activities.
Our school receives PE and sport premium grant funding, which is used by to support these aims to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of the PE, sport and physical activity which we provide.
We use the PE and sport premium to:
- build capacity and capability within our school to ensure that improvements made now are sustainable and will benefit pupils joining the school in future years. This is achieved through developing and investing in the knowledge and skills of our teaching staff and other school staff who have involvement in supporting a lasting change to the school’s approach to physical activity, curriculum PE or provision of school sport.
- develop or add to the PE, sport and physical activity that we provide
We use the PE and sport premium to secure improvements in the following 5 key indicators:
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Broader experience of a range of sports and physical activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
PE and Sport Premium
PE and Sports Premium 2022-23